We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Here’s one of my favorite recipes! Its an Easy Tuscan Soup Recipe that is a healthy meal you can make quickly! Essential for the working single mom!
Easy Tuscan Soup Recipe:
1 small onion, chopped
1 small carrot, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 box (32 oz) organic chicken broth
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
a pinch of pepper
1 can (15 oz) organic great northern beans
1 box (12 oz) uncooked rotini pasta
1 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- Pour olive oil into a large saucepan. Saute onion and carrot in oil until onion is tender.
- Add the organic chicken broth, 1 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper; bring to a boil.
- Stir in beans (drained) and pasta then return to boil.
- Reduce heat then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Turn off heat and add 1 cup cool water. Add spinach.
- Once cooled enough to eat, serve and enjoy your meal!
This recipe yields about 4 servings.
The total make time from start to finish is about 30 minutes depending on how fast you cut your vegetables. I like to get the pan warming up while I chop my onion and carrots then saute them really quick and then add everything else in. While it is simmering I chop up the spinach and that saves time as well.
You can always salt to taste. That part is up to you. I have found out that I don’t like a whole lot of salt in my food. I like to taste the beans and the spinach and carrots.
I started making this recipe about 6 years ago! This is definitely one of my go to recipes when I don’t know what I should make. The best part is my kids love it! They love the colorful noodles, the beans, the whole thing! They gobble this up! That’s pretty good for my 4 year old and my picky 2 year old.
This is a great Easy Tuscan Soup Recipe for you tired single moms. It doesn’t take long to make and I can make it after a long work day fairly easy. In fact we ate this last night! Yum!